Firstly thank you again for everyone who attend the DELTAS meeting on 19th June at the Sky Bar at the Grange Holborn.
Following on from the meeting , I am pleased to announce the Objectives that have been put together for this initiative. As discussed this is a starting point for the group and one that will continue to evolve with the input form the panel and DELTAS members:
- Promote the benefits of developing a culture of diversity and inclusion within the legal profession.
- Hosting an open forum to share success stories, challenges as well as highlighting opportunities with regards to diversity in legal IT
- Pledging to increase the representation of female speakers at legal events by 15%
- Encouraging organisations who produce/ organise internal and external events to pledge alongside DELTAS and Netlaw Media to raise the number of female speakers on the agenda
- Creating and awarding DELTAS Champions
- Reaching out and engaging the next generation of millennials and ‘Generation Z’
- Opening up opportunities for Legal IT placements via DELTAS within the legal services profession
- Creating a roster of DELTAS volunteers to speak within schools (GCSE, A-Levels), Higher Education Institutes as well as community & regional events
- Offering sponsorship to community and national events
- Encouraging women ‘returners’ to the legal profession
- To educate and train next generation of Legal IT professionals
- Sharing experiences/ retraining firms and DELTAS corporate partners including vendors around diversity and inclusion
- Highlighting the importance to employers of practicing a culture of flexible working
More information will be following on the next meeting to be held in September and the AGM.
In addition, I welcome any feedback on the above objectives and will see many of you all for the official Industry launch next week on 26th June at the Grange St. Paul’s Hotel.